The World of SC400

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The World of SC400

Helpful forum for SC400 fanatics

3 posters

I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car.

martingouda
    Individual
    Individual

I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car. Empty I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car.

Post by martingouda Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:57 pm

i just got my first sc400 and i'm looking forward to doing some serious work to her but i am having a hard time finding a downloadable manual on other sites.... word has it you guys will email one out to those of us in need. I'm from Canada and i've been a fan of toyota's products for years. This is my second Calty designed car and i hope to at some point be able to say it has some power added but at this point it's stock.

REMOVED EMAIL - ILLEGAL INFORMATION
    any one who can send attachments pertaining to SC400's and 1UZFE's, please do.
    It would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a picture of my engine bay as i picked it up.

ADMINISTRATORS NOTE: DO NOT post your email in any type of thread, or you will be banned or locked. ILLEGAL TO DO SO!

I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car. 1456534_10151983034454329_674291994_n
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car. Empty Re: I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car.

Post by SC400slide Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Stock as bones! Looking good. How much was the SC? Are you on ClubLexus?
    martingouda
    Individual
    Individual

I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car. Empty Re: I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car.

Post by martingouda Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:07 pm

i'm not posting on clublexus yet, but i am an OG on ToyotaNation.com under the same username, i had a 5th Gen Celica in the past and since then have had an Evo swapped Talon TSI AWD, A custom Turbo Del Sol, a few random cars like datsun 300zx's and lexus es300's but i'm now choosing to do a full custom setup on this car. Ideally it will be pushing a 100 shot of nitrous into a twin turbo V8 by the end of the summer but i will have to see how the car is running over the winter before i make any absolute plans.
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:07 pm

What color is it?
    martingouda
    Individual
    Individual

Post by martingouda Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 pm

the car is Green, 1992, 250,000 KMS on it, Alpine Deck with bluetooth, torn passenger seat.... but i have the time and the skill to clean it up over the next few months but i'm not a rich man so it will take me time to get everything just the way i'd want it.

I hope to run a 4 ch amp to power the door and rear speaker sets and to replace all the stock audio equipment while also planning to drop a new sub into the stock sub location powered by it's own amp. The car will also need a new power steering pump and alternator. It may also need a new Diff at some point soon. I hope to find a Supra diff before this one dies on me.

I bought an alternator tonight and i'm about to go put it in the car now, but i would like to get a look at the manual before hand to familiarize myself with the motor layout. While i do know a little about cars this is my first 1UZFE and i'm a newb to V8's as most of my cars till now have just been inline four cylinders.
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Ok, I will send you the link to the manual. Make sure you keep this thread updated! Just gimmi an email and ill include the link in the reply.

Do you have a picture of your green SC?
    martingouda
    Individual
    Individual

Post by martingouda Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 pm

i'll post some pictures of it once i've cleaned it up and vacuumed it out and such, the last owner had lost interest in the car and while it's still in nice shape it could uses a good clean up before being photographed.

Once i'm done the install and cleaning up i will take some nice shots and post them here right to share, also i will keep this post updated with progress as i hope to fix up many little things on this car including swapping the steering wheel to something more contemporary (perhaps is300) and changing the illumination of the dash lighting to another set of colors as many of the bulbs are burnt out and need to be addressed anyways... my deck is lit in blue so i think it may end up being blue and white. I've seen this done on ES300's many times and hope to use the same techniques on the SC400
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Well, good luck with the new project. Please tell people you now about The world of SC400!
    Cuz life will work like that sometimeses
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:53 am

HEY! Where is an update?
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:16 pm

I demand an update! Very Happy Seriously though
    chasrb
    Individual
    Individual

I'm a new SC400 owner and i've come in search for a manual for my car. Empty I too need the manual. 1994 sc400

Post by chasrb Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:00 pm

I am preparing to  work on  my SC. I will be installing new coils, prob wires and distributor and rotors.  I will get to the starter once I get the cars running on all 8 cyl again.  I will also need to replace the valve cover gaskets as they leak.

I bought the car with 53k on it and its at 208k now, I've had it since 1999.

If I can get the manual now I will post my progress. It'll be a great help to not have to search all over for the info I need to  do the work.

Thanks mate.

CB
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:02 pm

chasrb wrote:I am preparing to  Clown Cake my SC. I will be installing new coils, prob wires and distributor and rotors.  I will get to the starter once I get the cars running on all 8 cyl again.  I will also need to replace the valve cover gaskets as they leak.

I bought the car with 53k on it and its at 208k now, I've had it since 1999.

If I can get the manual now I will post my progress. It'll be a great help to not have to search all over for the info I need to  do the work.

Thanks mate.

CB
    Well, I see your dillemma, why you want the manual and all, but the last person that I supplied the manual to, ran off and hasn't updated his threads at all...Sad Will you?

BTW, you posted this in the wrong thread...create/start your own thread about your build !
    chasrb
    Individual
    Individual

Post by chasrb Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:02 pm

I will create a new header, and no I will not cut and run. If I say I am going to post info, then I will in fact do so.

I understand your reluctance, but I cannot post if I have no guide to the repair.

Thx
    CB
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Well I will trust you on that and give you the manual tonight, Im busy reight now.

Thanks
    chasrb
    Individual
    Individual

Post by chasrb Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:31 pm

thanks I will do as I said.  Have you sent the link yet?

Thanks
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:16 pm

chasrb wrote:thanks I will do as I said.  Have you sent the link yet?

Thanks
    I'm sorry for the delay, I will ASAP, be expecting it. Take my word for it you will get the link...via PM. 

TY!
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Where an Clown Cake?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 am